Saturday 4 February 2012

Thursday


Wednesday night I escaped the burbs of East Mesa for the ‘meatier’ and  in my opinion, more colorful parts of  East Central Phoenix, where I’m spending a couple of quiet (except for the police choppers at night) secluded days to finish some half way started, and some half way finished projects.


Thursday –

      I got up this morning and had coffee with my friend, who then went to their work day, while I, lounged a little too much before heading out into the sunshine.
      I was off to the discount store at 12th Street and Indian School. I hopped on the North bound 24th Street bus and took it to Indian School Rd, from there I got on an East bound bus.
       Two bus stops and a few drastic scenery change later, I realized I was going the wrong way. Whoops, so I crossed the street and grabbed a West bound bus.
       For those not experienced in riding the Phoenix transit system; It’s a cheap way to travel around the city, it’s  a good way to see things you wouldn’t if you were the driver, and the entertainment’s always FREE!
       I got off the West bound bus just past 12th Street and had to walk a slight bit back to the discount store. On the way, I nearly walked past a small treasure trove called Shanan – Agains.
        This quaint little shop has Vintage and unique EVERYTHING: clothes, dishes, small appliances, footwear, handbags, accessories, artwork, and even furniture. I was completely drawn to it’s magic, and had to stop and peruse the wares.
        If I was rating second hand treasure stores in the greater Phoenix area, I would definitely be giving this one five stars, for two reasons; the first being the quality of items for sale in this store, the second and most important (imo) is the shop owner is just as amazing as his store!
       If you’re out and about, shopping in Phoenix, looking for a perfect unusual gift, or just have an appetite for second hand and thrift stores, don’t leave this shop off your list! And when you stop in this fantastic little place (the North side of Indian School Rd, just before the 12th Street traffic light), ask for Mike, and tell him, Noelle, the writer, sent you.
       On the way home, it looked a little gray, as if….it somehow were going to change my fantastic sunshiny day from that to…RAIN (this word should be read in an unbelievable hushed whisper).
       I was blessed to make it back to my friend’s with just a few drops that couldn’t even be considered a “sprinkle.” The storm clouds blew over and found their way somewhere further North.
       Later, after dinner I drove to the super market and got ice cream. For other Spumoni ice cream lover’s, Fry’s Food & Drug carries it.
       Have a fantastic day, a great evening, or any other, at which point you are reading this…Cheers, until the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment