Saturday 28 July 2012

"GOODWILL" Hunting

   It's the weekend again.... and any Phoenician Bargain Hunter will tell you that the place to be, if you're NOT at Last Chance is Goodwill, as every other weekend is Super Saving Saturdays (50% off everything!) at the Goodwill's of Arizona...Please tag along while we share a weekend shopping adventure. 
   This Goodwill Hunting is about treasure finding and has nothing to do with Matt Damon (darn!), but is loads of fun none the less. 
   As the saying goes "One man's TRASH is another man's TREASURE." or in the case of a woman... another gal's treasure. 
    Treasure, however, does not have to be gender specific, as we will find that TREASURE is TREASURE, no matter who owned it first. 
   I am joined by three other TREASURE  seekers. My good friend Emily and my sons Jason and Joseph. 
   Jason doesn't seem to be seeking as much as he's hiding. Joe on the other hand is a natural born "I want" shopper and he finds some...ah...treasures..(let's keep in mind the earlier slogan about "one man's trash....") 
     
   I can't help but eaves drop on a couple in the housewares...as a man shouts to his wife 
    "Honey!!! Look it's brand new, still in the box!..." His voice tapers into a loud excited whisper "AND it's a Dell!!" 
    I look at the box and think  " Silly man, Adele is a British Pop Star, that's obviously an HP" Apparently I said this out loud, and realized it when Jason, shushed me and tried to pull me in an opposite direction. The gal standing next me giggled and continued her shopping.
    
   We catch up to Emily who has found some fantastic colored glassware. Not just any glassware, a Genie lamp! perhaps we can have a wish or 3?
 I wish that Joe would dress in some really cool "Pimp Daddy Clothes"   
BAM!!!!
and that some tasty grooving music would play.....Oh My Gaw....wish granted... Gotta love Genie lamps. I wish for a leprechaun  
BAM!! BAM!! SHAZAM!!
It turns out, however that he is quite reluctant to tell me where he's hiding his pot o' gold. So, I wish for a leprechaun with less of an attitude, and nothing happens....then I realize I've used my three wishes and I am now fresh out (Pimp Daddy clothes, tasty grooves and a leprechaun = 3).
    You may be wondering 'How much adventure can someone have in a thrift store?'  Well, I have to answer...as much as your imagination will allow; without completely disturbing the other shoppers or being hauled off by the cops for doing something weird and unacceptable.  
      Books, furniture, cds, dvds, housewares, small appliances...Slice -O-Matic, A Darth Vadar mask..the entire SG-1 dvd series...oh what treasures to behold!


and when you're ready to take a break, simply pop in the jeans wardrobe and be carted off to Narnia for a refreshing spot of tea, and nearly your entire teen years....Return ten years later and you arrive looking exactly the same as you did the entire five minutes (from this side of the wardrobe anyway) that your mother was looking for you. 

Cheers!....until the next adventure





Copyright 2014 - Noelle Sangster/Sangster Entertainment LLC - All rights reserved

Noelle Sangster on Amazon

2 comments:

  1. I just furnished my entire house for under $300 at St. Vinnie's...all dark red and dark brown...gorgeous...I'm so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! See, so many TREASURES to be had :)

    ReplyDelete